Sunday, July 25, 2010

Breakfast For Dinner

I like to make breakfast food for dinner. My kids love pancakes any time of the day. The husband not so much. Only at Walker Bros.! Anyway, my kids love these chocolate chip pancakes. They are light and fluffy. I love them served with Coconut Syrup.

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

2 c. all purpose flour (half white and half wheat works well)
1/4 c. sugar
2 T. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips

In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, milk, and oil. Add to dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.


This syrup is my family's absolute favorite. My kids get quite disappointed when I haven't made any and they have to have maple!

Coconut Syrup

1 stick of butter
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 t. baking soda
1 t. coconut flavoring

Melt butter. Add sugar and buttermilk. Bring to a boil an boil for 2 minutes. Add baking soda and coconut flavoring. Stir.


I usually make a double batch and keep the leftovers in the refrigerator and just warm it up when I need it.

2 comments:

  1. That coconut syrup looks delicious! I've tried a similar recipe before, I'll have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, yummy pancakes. . . just like you said! I am glad that I found the mini-chips; however, my girls said next time I need to try it with the big ones!

    ReplyDelete